Blyth Valley

Sponsored Links
Here is an article about one of the disgruntled North-east brexit constituencies who have turned to the Conservatives.
The new MP is a NHS care worker so not exactly a Rees-Mogg.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50782411

Am I wrong in thinking that they don't seem to be doing too bad?
Disgruntled.....Because of no progress in brexit.
Dislike of Corbyn.....seen as IRA sympathiser..anti patriotic...etc...Anyone not seeing that over the years is numb..His attitude over bloody sunday etc runs deep in areas of high forces recruiltment.

Ok, that might be fair enough, but there has been much talk of the 'forgotten' north, and the new MP said -

"In his victory speech, he pledged to bring investment and change to the community as soon as he arrived in Westminster."

yet, as I asked, is it that bad there?

There is actually very little in the article about brexit, except:

"And Brexit could pose a challenge.
Economic studies suggest the exporting North East economy has most to lose from leaving the European Union in terms of lower economic growth.
The constituency did vote for Brexit though, with more than 6 in 10 backing leaving the EU in the 2016 referendum."

There seems to be much confusion around.

Dislike of Corbyn.....seen as IRA sympathiser..anti patriotic...etc...Anyone not seeing that over the years is numb..His attitude over bloody sunday etc runs deep in areas of high forces recruiltment.

I heard a guy yesterday speaking about this. He was from Birmingham and he said his community wouldnt vote for Corbyn because of his IRA connections. Birmingham of course never got justice for the 21 people that died.

Sponsored Links

Maajid Nawaz says exactly that is what lost It for him

Back