So a Brexit Backer is now betting against UK firms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/in...dey-bets-500m-AGAINST-British-businesses.html

Rees-Mogg backer hopes to gain from ‘short’ stakes in shares he believes will fall

He is a longstanding supporter of fellow Brexiteer Jacob Rees-Mogg, funding the Conservative MP’s Election campaign in 2015. In 2007, he also helped Rees-Mogg set up an investment firm of his own, Somerset Capital Management, which has virtually no investments in the UK, but large holdings in Russia.

described this as investing ‘in such a way that he will profit if investor sentiment turns against the country’, which could happen if overseas investors pull out their cash because of fears of a hard Brexit. Odey declined to comment on his investment strategy.

You couldn't make this up if you tried.

Sponsored Links
Politicians look after one person, themselves.

Indeed.

So why don't those politicians who want us to leave believe that investing in UK stocks is the way to look after themselves?

Sponsored Links
Just end the shambles that is Brexit.

TBH I really didn't think Brexit would happen other than in name only. The way things are going now, I wonder if we're heading for a full on hard Brexit.
No deals, WTO rules, off we go :eek:

full on hard Brexit.
A full hard on Brexit is the way to go.

I actually feel sorry for Tish May. What a s hitty time to be PM. She can't even rely upon our old friends in the US for support, now that Trump is in charge. Brexit, Trump - what a mess.

FarageBackPedalling.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/in...dey-bets-500m-AGAINST-British-businesses.html

Rees-Mogg backer hopes to gain from ‘short’ stakes in shares he believes will fall

He is a longstanding supporter of fellow Brexiteer Jacob Rees-Mogg, funding the Conservative MP’s Election campaign in 2015. In 2007, he also helped Rees-Mogg set up an investment firm of his own, Somerset Capital Management, which has virtually no investments in the UK, but large holdings in Russia.

described this as investing ‘in such a way that he will profit if investor sentiment turns against the country’, which could happen if overseas investors pull out their cash because of fears of a hard Brexit. Odey declined to comment on his investment strategy.

You couldn't make this up if you tried.

Lets get him banged up for breaking the law. oh, wait..

There's only one reason politicians want brexit, and it has nothing to do with immigration or more control. It's all about the money, money, money ...

Typical quitters. Voted for the biggest farce in UK recent history, then when it all plays out as the stupidest mistake, they claim they do not really care.
Stupid quitters.
They will be smugly claiming they do not care when it all goes terribly wrong.

Keep your hair on. It may well not happen anyway. If it does, you'll be alright, high flying around the world in your top job. FWIW I didn't give a fook when I voted, still don't and if it goes to WTO eventually, que sera. Anyway play nice. I've been trying to see both sides of the coin lately and be friendly too. Then I get called stupid..:( You've broke me, broke me I say:sick:

Typical quitters. Voted for the biggest farce in UK recent history, then when it all plays out as the stupidest mistake, they claim they do not really care.
Stupid quitters.
They will be smugly claiming they do not care when it all goes terribly wrong.

quote used out of context again from the habitual forum Porky pier :LOL: but who cares :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back