So a Brexit Backer is now betting against UK firms

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it does, you'll be alright, high flying around the world in your top job.
It will affect everyone.
Suppose a UK citizen is in a spot of bother, in a foreign country, but the UK has no diplomatic connection with that country. As a EU citizen that UK citizen can utilise the diplomatic service of any EU country. As a EU citizen, they are obliged to provide it.
After Brexit such niceties will be removed.
And of course, the freedom of movement within EU may be removed, for UK citizens.

Sponsored Links
It will affect everyone.
Suppose a UK citizen is in a spot of bother, in a foreign country, but the UK has no diplomatic connection with that country. As a EU citizen that UK citizen can utilise the diplomatic service of any EU country. As a EU citizen, they are obliged to provide it.

Yeah, not very likely is it...

Ten new sovereign missions, either embassies or high commissions, will also be opened over the next 2 years. This means that the UK will have more sovereign missions around the world than any other European nation

Of all the things to worry about, that isnt gonna keep many people awake at night.

Which specific country do you think you might visit where that scenario might occur?

Eritrea maybe? No there is one

Laos.....

Togo.....oh no there isnt one. Oh thats ok, I will pop around to the huge EU embassy in Lome.......'oh no, I dont believe it, there isnt one' :(.....I wont be able to sleep a wink now, knowing somewhere Im never gonna visit has no British embassy

Sponsored Links
:rolleyes: who cares :LOL:
quote used out of context again from the habitual forum Porky pier :LOL: but who cares :LOL:
What context did you intend?
View attachment 143275
Or do you understand the term 'context'? :rolleyes:
The correct one ;) I assume u understand the term "context" if not google will help you :LOL:
Obviously a**e end does not understand the term 'context' because he is unable to explain the context in which he made his initial remark, despite being invited to, after accusing me of using his comment 'out of context', and despite it being posted in isolation with no other contextual comments.
He glibly relies on such stupidity as 'the correct one' instead of explaining himself like any normal person would.
His stupidity becomes more evident with each of his posts.
Now we can add stupid to the list of adjectives used to describe a**e end: persistent lying, deceitful, bigoted, etc.
He might pass as normal in the narrow confines of the CC forum, but in a wider context his stupidity becomes evident.

Yeah, not very likely is it...
Not very likely that immigrants who lived and worked all their adult life in UK would be deported, is it... :rolleyes:

Shoite happens. Accidents, crime, terrorism, etc. When it does, it is unpredictable and we all need someone's help.
Eeyore and mitch thinks that only professionals travel. They forget about the millions of backpackers and other tourists travelling to far-flung corners of the earth.
They ignore the instability in the world and the subsequent upheaval.
E.g. where could the Falklanders go for consular assistance after the invasion of the Malvinas.
Similarly, in any other state or territory that is governed by other nation states, there is no British consular assistance available.
E.g. Antigua, St Kitts, Dominica, Grenada, Nevis, Grenadines, St Vincent, St Lucia, to name just a few in the Caribbean.

Not very likely that immigrants who lived and worked all their adult life in UK would be deported, is it... :rolleyes:

Shoite happens. Accidents, crime, terrorism, etc. When it does, it is unpredictable and we all need someone's help.
Eeyore and mitch thinks that only professionals travel. They forget about the millions of backpackers and other tourists travelling to far-flung corners of the earth.
E.g. where could the Falklanders go for consular assistance after the invasion of the Malvinas.
Similarly, in any other state or territory that is governed by other nation states, there is no British consular assistance available.
E.g. Antigua, St Kitts, Dominica, Grenada, Nevis, Grenadines, St Vincent, St Lucia, to name just a few in the Caribbean.

In other words you have been proved wrong: once more. :p

You havent answered the question.

PS have you checked those countries listed don't have a British high commission. I think you will find one in Castries for a start.

In other words you have been proved wrong: once more.
How? By claiming that I am wrong without any discussion?
How stupid and immature is that!

You havent answered the question.
What question?
This one "not very likely is it?"
Accidents, crime, terrorism, etc is by its nature unpredictable.
Except they are, like death and taxes, predictable.

PS have you checked those countries listed don't have a British high commission. I think you will find one in Castries for a start.
OK, one of the many places that I listed, I was mistaken.
Yes, I have checked, as you also have, no doubt.

I have only looked at the Caribbean, there are many other places without British consular representation now. As I stated, in times of global uncertainty the situation can rapidly deteriorate. The Falklands was a perfect example.

I have only looked at the Caribbean, there are many other places without British consular representation now. As I stated, in times of global uncertainty the situation can rapidly deteriorate. The Falklands was a perfect example.

For your argument to make any sense, there needs to be both no British consular representation but however would need to have EU consular representation.

The Falkland isles offers consulate assistance:

The Falklands Islands are a British Overseas Territory. The Governor of the Falklands provides formal British diplomatic representation on the Islands and the local authorities deal with requests for consular assistance in conjunction with the Governor’s office

There is no EU consular assistance, I expect if somebody from the EU had a spot of bother, Im sure the British diplomatic rrpresentation would be mostbhappy to assist in any way they can :D

For your argument to make any sense, there needs to be both no British consular representation but however would need to have EU consular representation.

The Falkland isles offers consulate assistance:

The Falklands Islands are a British Overseas Territory. The Governor of the Falklands provides formal British diplomatic representation on the Islands and the local authorities deal with requests for consular assistance in conjunction with the Governor’s office

There is no EU consular assistance, I expect if somebody from the EU had a spot of bother, Im sure the British diplomatic rrpresentation would be mostbhappy to assist in any way they can :D
You really are a stupid idiot.
My reference to the Falkland Island was in relation to the Argentinian invasion and the general global instability!

Again you are misrepresenting my comments!

It was very explicit in my comment about the Falklands:
E.g. where could the Falklanders go for consular assistance after the invasion of the Malvinas..

You are reinforcing your stupidity with each intentional misrepresentation that you make.

Obviously a**e end does not understand the term 'context' because he is unable to explain the context in which he made his initial remark, despite being invited to, after accusing me of using his comment 'out of context', and despite it being posted in isolation with no other contextual comments.
He glibly relies on such stupidity as 'the correct one' instead of explaining himself like any normal person would.
His stupidity becomes more evident with each of his posts.
Now we can add stupid to the list of adjectives used to describe a**e end: persistent lying, deceitful, bigoted, etc.
He might pass as normal in the narrow confines of the CC forum, but in a wider context his stupidity becomes evident.

I suppose some one read R bees post :rolleyes:o_O

then again who cares :LOL::LOL:

Again you are misrepresenting my comments

No, you are misrepresenting yourself. No need for me to do it.

So tell me where in world would you find an EU embassy but not a UK one? Thats the scenario you are painting as an issue.

So far, youve come with....Mmmm lets see now........oh yes there was.......oh thats it: Nowhere :ROFLMAO:

Which renders your argument pointless (y) :ROFLMAO:

No, you are misrepresenting yourself. No need for me to do it.

So tell me where in world would you find an EU embassy but not a UK one? Thats the scenario you are painting as an issue.

So far, youve come with....Mmmm lets see now........oh yes there was.......oh thats it: Nowhere :ROFLMAO:

Which renders your argument pointless (y) :ROFLMAO:
So now you are saying that you have not a clue what you are on about, so you make up stuff and hope it will pass as a sensible comment. :rolleyes::LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back