conservatory blues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a conservatory built 6 years ago which I got planning permission for and last year decided to remove the doors and wall attaching it to the house making it all open plan. Now Building Control have contacted me saying one of my nosey neighbours has informed them of this and it is unacceptable (I didnt know this). BC are calling it an "unauthorised extension" and have asked me to either regularise it by unearthing the foundations and insulation in walls so they can check it is in line with Building Regs, or put the external doors back on. Has anyone had this problem before and got round it satisfactorily?

Sponsored Links
You can forget trying to regularise it an extension, it would be cheaper & easier to rip the lot down and start again.

Anyhoo Building Control will not do any more than write to you although they will make a note of it and when you come to sell it will come up as having had non-compliant works. If you don't want that then you'll have to put the door back in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back