Conservatory downpipe drainage ideas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Our conservatory has always just had the downpipe draining onto the lawn next to it (was done before we moved in, built about 20 years ago) and I know this isn’t ideal but it hasn’t caused any noticeable issues so far.

We are just about at the point where we are going to do the garden and plan to build some decking next to conservatory so now thinking we should sort the downpipe issue at the same time if we can.

The main roof downpipe is on the other corner of the house as is the gulley for the sink/bath. The combined sewer manhole cover is on the corner of the conservatory between these (rubbish metal lid as previous owners decided to build the conservatory on the corner of the concrete one). Can anyone see a way of connecting this up or is it going to be a hugely expensive job with permissions to go into the drains etc?

Thanks
0A98E972-6CDC-4ACF-B033-0CCB546E783D.jpeg
DC46003A-84E3-47FA-8443-C487146190C6.jpeg
53151F45-F2D4-4EBA-B627-6819046CD808.jpeg

Sponsored Links
The two separate gulleys in your final photo, suggest you have separate foul from rain water drainage, so your conservatory rain water must go into a rain water gulley.

I wonder if the gutter on the conservatory could be realigned, so that the water flows into that corner where your two gulleys are, near the doors, then a fall pipe down/across to the existing fall pipe from your main roof?

They are definitely combined. I’ve had the manhole cover off and poured water down both and also the rainwater drain at the front of the house. Odd I know.

I considered that but I think it would mean going down the side of the house window first to get the fall which means the conservatory window couldn’t open.

Sponsored Links
Maybe investigate that circular manhole cover then and the possibilities of adding a gulley plus fall pipe to that, on the corner of the conservatory where that power isolator is? Just the front section of gutter to adjust then.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back