conservatory dwarf wall problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Builders have started to build a dwarf wall today they have just started building the outside wall single brick so far for my conservatory when I inspected it I found it has no wall ties in the brickwork and is not securely keyed into my existing wall. any advice should I get them to start again.

Sponsored Links
As it's "single brick so far" there won't be any brick ties, they should however have tied it into the existing wall either by removing some bricks and toothing it in or by using a wall starter kit.
How high is this dwarf wall likely to be?

Its 600mm height in the quote it said" 600mm wall with zinc coated wall ties"
and I presume this are inserted as the wall is being built ie in-between the mortar joints and not attached after that is correct unless someone knows of different method?

Sponsored Links
Any insulation going in? If so and if it needs to be fixed to the internal skin, then the internal skin should be built first. The insulation fixed and then the external skin built.

If it's no insulation or full cavity fill, then it doesn't matter which order the skins are built, but the ties must be incorporated into the mortar bed joints.

come home from work confronted builders who showed me the ties they were inserting in between cavity's also showed me small fixings which were a y shaped and screwed into existing wall did not seen the best but he said they would be ok returned tonight to find base slab had been poured all outer walls complete with just the rhs internal to finish,also not to happy with cavity gap which is anything from 50mm -25mm

as its a tempory building... next you would want cavity trays....

come home from work confronted builders who showed me the ties they were inserting in between cavity's also showed me small fixings which were a y shaped and screwed into existing wall did not seen the best but he said they would be ok returned tonight to find base slab had been poured all outer walls complete with just the rhs internal to finish,also not to happy with cavity gap which is anything from 50mm -25mm

what a happy client tou are... customer from hell....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back