Conservatory Dwarf Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've bought a second hand conservatory that needs a dwarf wall. I've laid the foundations to the right size and now need to build a dwarf wall. I hope to build this out of blocks rather than bricks as I'm aiming to render the walls. What is the best block to use and any tips on building the walls?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Concrete blocks for the outer skin, cavity with insulation, then thermalite blocks on the inner skin. Conservatory set on the outer skin, and window board to cover the cavity.

I doubt that insulating 20% of external wall area or using insulating blocks in a glazed conservatory makes any difference.

Concrete blocks for the outer skin, cavity with insulation, then thermalite blocks on the inner skin. Conservatory set on the outer skin, and window board to cover the cavity.

Thanks. I was thinking of using the same type of blocks for the inner and outer. Is that not a good idea?

Sponsored Links
Thanks. What type of block should I get? There seems to be a few brands and types out there.

Look for a lightweight concrete - 3N or thereabouts. That's normal concrete though, and not lightweight thermalite or celcon or similar, as those are not much good to render on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back