dwarf wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i need to build a 600mm dwarf wall for conservatory, the foundations are in and there will be six course of bricks up to dp level (4 course to ground level) which bricks/blocks would be best for the first six courses upto dp level? also is a 50mm cavity ok?

Sponsored Links
surely someone could point me in the right direction

Hi bagger, you've probably not had any replies because your post is a bit unclear. What do you mean by dp level (is this DPC)? If so why are you going 4 course above Ext GL - that's ~ 300mm yes? 50mm for a cavity, hmmm are you putting insulation in there? If so it'll be fullfill. Cavities. these days are normally 100mm. Best type of brick below GL you want a good frost rating brick (FL) so an engineering type brick, but they ain't pretty so above ground a nice facing to match the surrounding brickwork.

hth

sorry for not makeing myself clear, yes i do mean there is 6 course upto the dpc (4 course underground 2 above) its the underground brickwork i,m unsure of, can i use blocks for this for both the internal and external work as it is unseen, if so do they need to be a specific type?

Sponsored Links
Yes you can use blocks underground - no problem. You just need to bear in mind any aggressive sulphate conditions that may be present in the ground when specifying them. Your local Builders merchant will be happy to advise, or post back here if you want more info.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back