Conservatory glass roof decisions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have decided on the company installing my conservatory but still have to decide between three glass suppliers for the roof they have offered:
1. Pilkington activ blue
2. Bioclean/ Planitherm
3. Celsius

The difference seems to be Celsius. I gather the 'keep clean' element is part of the glass and not added as are the other two. Which is best, is there much difference in prices?

I have seen the facts sheets for all three but I'm also confused by Visible Light Transmission I gather the higher the number the better but does this mean that for instance 76% transmission is a nice bright conservatory where as 34% is a dark conservatory. The conservatory is to be accessed via existing kitchen door and I'm concerned that a low transmission will make the kitchen darker.
As always any help is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I cant comment on the others as I haven't tried them but I like Pilkington activ blue, Heres a pic of it on an overcast day.

IMG_2584_zps87b509a2.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back