Conservatory replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have a hexagonal ended, dwarf wall conservatory open plan off my kitchen. It’s about 25 years old and needs replacing as almost all the roof windows are blown and water also coming in. It faces south and is too hot in summer. It has a lovely floor that goes right through the kitchen, underfloor heating and two radiators. Would it be possible to square it off and make it a proper room with big windows/ doors and pitched tiled roof without ripping the whole thing out and starting again? Thank you for your advice!

Sponsored Links
It might be possible, but possible the foundations were not dug deep enough to just replace with walls / windows etc. But if squaring it off, you'd need to put in new foundations anyway.
My guess is that building something new around it would be harder, and more expensive, than replacing it. Plus, floor insulation has moved on since it was built.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back