Conservatory roof panels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,I was cleaning the poly roof panels on my conservatory and noticed that some of the strip's on the end of the panels that overhanging into the gutter have warped out of shape and one has come off the panel completely. Can I get new strips(sorry don't know proper name) and would they be easy to fit ? Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Found out the pieces I am referring to are called end closures?and I am wondering if I can remove the old warped ones and replace with new ones without removing poly panels?can't seem to add photos, new to this site,thanks

Ali ones are best as they don't warp in the sun. To fit yours back or new ones then remove the rafter end cap, sometimes screwed on sometimes slide on - depends which roof system, now the end closers can just slide on over the poly, if the breather tape is damaged or hanging off then now's the time to replace it, comes in different widths so you'll need to measure the thickness of your polys

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply crank39,sounds easy enough but what holds the end closers onto the poly panel?

Nothing other than slight compression although its always best to put a bead of quality silicone inside the top edge of the closer and then slide it on, i use soudal fix all, in crystal clear.......made for the job

Thanks crank39 much appreciated, another job I can get done.Still can't upload photos from my phone !!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back