Conservatory roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI ... the bedroom window above conservatory needs new glass panels ... they come out from the outside ( old window ).. would it be easier to remove one of the conservatory roof panels, to get a ladder up to it , or hire a roof ladder ( £60 ) .. is the roof panel easy to remove ... conservatory is about 8 years old

Sponsored Links
PVC window? What sort of openers on it? Are the hinges screwed or pop riveted?
Photos?
Assuming you have reasonable sized openers I would unscrew them bring them inside to do and lean out to do the rest at the same time

No they are just doubled glazed windows .. one opener .. I can get this window off , but its the whole unit with the big pane in thats only going to be taken out from the outside

Sponsored Links
IMAG0981[1].jpg

is there room on the other side of the cons?

I'd set up a scarf tower and tressle

I would just do it all from inside personally.
Take the sash's out (one person holding and one taking the screws out helps but I would be happy doing it on my own) and lean over and out for the other one. You only need to take out the top and side beads and then can lift the unit up and back into the house on an angle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back