HELP WITH REMOVING CONSERVATORY ROOF PANEL TO ACCESS EXTERNAL WALL ABOVE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
we need to render the wall and paint the timbers of our exterior wall of the house.Problem area is one above the conservatory.We have considered options of using tower,plank with tower or planks over the conservatory roof.The best and cheapest option would be to remove one roof panel from the conservatory roof and do the work.
Please let me know how to remove the roof panel safely,problems expected and how best to tackle them.I am attaching the pictures for references.
Many Thanks.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 955
  • FullSizeRendera.jpg
    FullSizeRendera.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 479
  • FullSizeRenderb.jpg
    FullSizeRenderb.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 567
Sponsored Links
Looks like an ultra frame make of roof judging by the crest on the centre of the rafter end caps.

Slide the rafter end caps up, this will expose the aluminium rafter and the way the top white rafter cap locates, you'll see 2 prongs with teeth on that locate in the aluminium in a male/female way, the trick is to release the prongs from the Ali so you can peel the caps off

Slide a flat bladed screwdriver into the area highlighted in yellow and twist, just do one side and note which way you need to twist the screwdriver, this pushes the prong in and lifts it up at the same time
Screenshot_2016-08-27-21-14-18.jpg

Just as word of warning though, depending on how old the conservatory is , it may start to split the plastic coverpiece...just be careful!

Other than that Cranks description is perfect!

Sponsored Links
Also if you hoping to remove the panels nearest the house the lead flashing may be stuck to the top caps which could make taking those off tricky.
In the past I have taken off the easy top cap and the gutter and slipped the panels in and out to avoid disturbing the lead.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back