Air Tight Conservatory? New build left with gaps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - hope you can help.
I have recently paid a lot of money to a firm to build a new lean-too conservatory.

It is eight meters in length, windows sit on a dwarf wall with a glass roof (Pilkington Blue Active) in six panels which run the length and match up with the windows. All normal and I'm pleased with the finish HOWEVER - there is a gap running the length of the conservatory between the top of the windows and the garden side of the roof overhang, I can feel air gushing in. I 'guess' is is no more that 5mm of so but enough to cause a draft.

Should a conservatory be air tight? - or is this a normal past of ventilation?
I have installed central heating so fear I'll be loosing a lot of heat.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Sounds like they haven't put the glass supports on the top of the eves beam, Will need a pic or 2 to know for sure

Possible but unlikey that they haven't fitted the bridges like gazman says, no muppet would leave these out surely, i find sometimes they are cut too short or the glazing bars have been set too far apart and the bridges or glass supports don't reach leaving gaps at each end, no great issue at the time of assembly as you can seal with silicone but alas it seems that the fitters just keep on going in the hope the customer doesn't produce a snagging list

Sponsored Links
a conservatory with a ridge would have built in ventilation through the middle, sounds to me like the firring covers havent been sealed to the frames on the side? is it at the side or front ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back