Building conservatory with felt flat roof. Support

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am looking to build a small conservatory (3x3) in a corner (i.e 2 sides glass, 2 brick) of a single storey building.

I would prefer to use a insulated roof, rather than polycarb. A standard conservatory would be easy (self supporting roof), but I suspect that the upvc frame cannot carry the additional load for a flat roof? Or does the framing specification need to be changed to cope with the additional load

i.e a standard upvc window carries zero load.

At the moment the easiest option seems to be to fit a standard roof, and then insulate (such as http://www.roof-revive.co.uk/How-it-works/), but if possible it would be easier, just to extend the existing flat roof out over the new upvc framing. Do I need to support the extended roof on timber framing (and infill the gaps with upvc frames, or can any load be taken by the frames if designed in)

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back