Conservatory with insulated roof options?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to put a small 3x3 conservatory/sunroom onto the back of a single storey garage. I would prefer an insulated solid roof, as this will make the space more usable throughout the year.

If a standard polycarb roof is fitted, what is the best way to insulate? Some companys offer this as a afterthought (i.e http://www.roof-revive.co.uk/downloads/TechnicalSpecification.pdf), but can it be built from the start?

Sponsored Links
There really is no option - you either have a plastic roof or you build a proper one

I could extended the existing garage roof (flat felt), over the new conservatory, but I cannot get my head around how the roof would be supported, as upvc is not load bearing. Does a timber frame need to be constructed to support the roof, with upvc as infill. A standard "plastic" roof is self supporting.

Build your sun room with roof then fill the openings with made to measure upvc frames, not frames first then think about roof.

Sponsored Links
If you can't cantilever the roof, then you would typically install a support post within the frames, and then this will be hidden by over cladding

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back