Conservatory roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Conservatory about 15 years old. Few of the panels have started to slip and allow water in. I have managed to push most back but the seal is coming out of a few.

Also, it is freezing cold in the winter and boiling hot in the summer as there is no protection from sunlight / heat etc.

I am looking at 2 options
  • Replace panels with 'supertint' etc to make it more usable.
  • Replace with a plastic tiled roof with a couple of velux rooflights.
Are there any recommendations for companies I could get quotes from please.

Sponsored Links
You will need building regs and possibly planning as clear conservatory roofs are exempt but solid ones aren't.

Eurocell can supply and you just need a joiner/builder to install. They come with 100mm kingspan but building regs will want 50mm+ extra fitted below that as well. Then you need to either clad underneath with boards/plastic or plasterboard and skim.

If you just want to replace the panels you have with some thing with better insulation have a look at Marlon heatguard on opal polycarbonate. It is available in 25 or 35mm thicknesses and will give you solar reflection and probably improved insulation over what you have today. You can get some companies to supply them cut to size and pre taped to make it easier to replace.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back