conservtory/lean to

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
3 years ago i built a conservatory/lean to with a timber frame and used plastic cladding on the exterior. i put down a 5 inch concrete base with a couple of inches of hardcore under the base also. my sewer pipe does run under the corner of this by about 4 foot. i do have access to the man hole cover still but we have sold our house in am worried this will be a problem with the survey.

Sponsored Links
From the conservatory website link

If you have a manhole cover in the construction area you have two situations:-

If the manhole is situated on the line of the strip footing it will have to be moved further down the line of the drain. Most drains are less than a metre below the surface and are relatively easy to deal with. Drains which are much deeper or have several inlets pose more problems but the Surveyors are all familiar with drains and manholes.

If the manhole falls within the floor area of the conservatory in what’s known as the oversite, then provided it is no closer than 400mm to the strip footing then we raise and seal the manhole. The double seal cover we use will ensure there are no problems with odours and it can be tiled or covered over with a soft floor covering.

the man hole cover is free away from the slab on a path way and easily accessible the pipe just runs under the slab diagonally.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back