constant trickle from mira shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, last week I noticed a drip coming from the shower head after switching it off. Now it has turned into a constant trickle of water.

I am not a plumber but did install the shower myself about 2 1/2 years ago so going to try and fix it myself.

From doing a search I've learned that a service kit prob won't do the job for a leak this big and may need a new cartridge? Excuse my ignorance but is the cartridge the whole part on the wall with the tap on it? Any advice on how to fix/where to get parts etc will be appreciated..

When turning the temp adjust up/down this decreases/increases the pressure of the trickle coming through I don't know if this has any significance?

It's a Mira Excel shower attached to a combi boiler.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Buy a new cartridge, for what it's worth, a hundred quid spent and the job's done. The increase or decrease in leakage is letting you know which side the water's passing i.e. hot or cold. The valves have ceramic plates inside, but it's not these that wear out normally, it's what they are held in by that start to give :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back