Construction Phase Health and Safety Plan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. We're struggling with HSE.
We have a Principal Designer who, it turns out, is a jobbing builder who has dome a number of attics and contracted for other PDs but never done a full PD role himself.
HSE have become involved.
They want a Construction Phase Health and Safety Plan, he hasn't done one before, and isn't capable of doing one now. So it's down to us, as Principal Contractor, to do this ourselves.
Has anyone done this? Is there a simple proforma out there somewhere, or a sample I could amend, or does someone know who we'd go to for advice, so the PD can get hand-held through doing it himself.
And, no, we can't just fire him. It's complicated.

Sponsored Links
So it's down to us, as Principal Contractor, to do this ourselves.
Yes that's what the requirement is anyway. It's not the PD role to develop the construction phase plan, he does the pre-construction information, and then hands it over to you as the principle contractor.

There is no standard layout, as all contracts are different.

Ours are typically 30 pages long, even for small contacts, and they should be reviewed and added to constantly.

Safe systems of work, RAMs, asbestos, dust, lighting, lifting, digging, storage, first aid, site access, security, who does what, signing in book, welfare the whole lot.

By not having this in the first place shows the HSE that you have not managed safety and are instantly at fault should they progress the investigation.

Hire someone who can get all this done for you and advise you how to make amends.

Sponsored Links
I've just sent my CV off for a Ye Olde Oak Beam Inspector that I saw on Indeed

On mine, I got the pickup file notice and it was showing up on my BN sold page but never has made it through to AOB...Rebecka is checking it out for me....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back