Contribute to council sport clubs to get Planning Permission

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do I have to pay a contribution towards the council sports clubs/parks to get planning consent to build a pair of flats

Sponsored Links
The original application went in on 26th May 2014 while I was in the process of purchasing the land. They asked me to sign a Unilateral Undertaking in September but couldn't as I didn't own the land, now I do. They are now asking for a payment of approx. £3500 towards sports and park facilities. The property when built will be worth around £80k. I don't know if any of this information alters what you say

Sponsored Links
My architect filled in the original application form. I don't know if this makes any difference but I am building these flats to rent out

"'Self Build' for the purposes of CIL exemption is defined as all homes built or commissioned by individuals or groups of individuals for their own
use, either by building the home on their own or working with builders."

Does that help?

Its my company that will build the house, I supply all the materials, I just get individuals in to do brickwork/plumbing/electrics/joinery etc and I do most of the labouring myself

Think you'll be liable as you're not a self-builder (ie building it to live in yourself) but there is a procedure that your architect should have been a part of through the application process which one would have thought he would have kept you up to speed with .....

Did you read through the link I posted? If not you should do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back