Control box connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

Not a heating engineer my boiler has no switch live. Earth/Neutral no issues with that one. My question is do I connect it to permeant live in box or as per the diagram inside lid which says It has to go into the terminal for the SWL but my Schematic says it should go into permanent live. Picture attached

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20191121_073452_BURST002.jpg
    IMG_20191121_073452_BURST002.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 95
Sponsored Links
I would say sw L goes to L on your boiler and it is L that does not exist in your case.

When there is no run on with the boiler (no sw L) often it needs the DHW connected at all times using thermo syphon so the is some where for the heat to go, I have same with my oil boiler, and was advised not to fit a motorised valve or pump to DHW.

My daughters old house had a gas boiler with simple on/off and no run on, however it was on a Y Plan which means the default position for the motorised valve is DHW, the pump stopped with the boiler, but pumps do not stop the water flow, it is clearly reduced when pump is stopped, but can still flow.

Maybe best to ask modulators to move post to plumbing section, and also state what boiler, I would assume oil, as hard to get a gas boiler which does not modulate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back