Controlling heating using your mobile

the problem with controls is related to infrequency of use coupled with a dose of technophobia.....so designing the things out with compensation controls is probably the way forward...

thats why I have great faith in viessmanns vitotronic 200 and vaillants 470..both of which need minimal intervention once set up...

customers can always ring the manufacturers for support!

Sponsored Links
houses loose heat when there is no one there...the best thing is to ensure it doesn't get too cold...

As far as I am concerned if no one is there it can be as cold as it gets.

I am not paying for heat in an empty house!

that may be a false economy tony.. if it takes three hours to get to temperature, and three hours to loose it my bet is that you would have used less energy stopping it getting too cold and then raising the temperature for there...

and why is set back such a big feature with all proprietary controls on heat pumps too...

It warms up in about 22 minutes if I up the d0 to 20 kW and the flow temp to 80 C

Sponsored Links
question is tony how many kWh did you use for these 22mins and how much would you have used to prevent the temperature falling below say 18c and then raising it to the required temp in say 10mins...

but as it happens I don't beleive your isolated figures...perhaps the temperature had dropped only 0.5c...

Many people don't want to save another £50 a year. That's the point. They want to control their heating by an app on their smart phone or via a text or internet. And they want others to know they can do it. And they want the programmable stat to look cutting edge. And even though it's something I wouldn't want, many people would. Including my missus, I suspect. :eek:

I agree most people want to be comfortable (stable room temps and no over or under shoot) and use gas efficiently at the same time...

thats what compensation controls achieve!

Some of us do it to stop their missus from knowing how to crank up the heating ;).

Reminds me - must disable the local override on all my thermostats ;).

Sorry but were getting slightly off topic here. I didn't want this to get into a debate about the most efficient way on how to heat a home - I was more interested if anyone had used this product or similiar.

It seems like a quality item, has all the functions of a normal control unit, but just has the added advantage of being able to set it from a mobile if required, which to me sounded like a good idea!

Sorry but were getting slightly off topic here. I didn't want this to get into a debate about the most efficient way on how to heat a home - I was more interested if anyone had used this product or similiar.

It seems like a quality item, has all the functions of a normal control unit, but just has the added advantage of being able to set it from a mobile if required, which to me sounded like a good idea!

Absolutely right Decho it is your home and your energy bills I have had a look at the Salus one mentioned earlier and even though I am not a Salus fan I am going to install one in my own house to see how it goes, heatmiser make one which I have installed twice for customers and havent had any complaints but I like the look of the salus one

well we are experts here, and know about heating technology..

Control by phone will sell because its a gimmick that people want, not because its either useful or good!

Frankly though most people want a simple life...don't you have enough things in this busy life with out worrying about the heating?

well we are experts here, and know about heating technology..

Control by phone will sell because its a gimmick that people want, not because its either useful or good!

Frankly though most people want a simple life...don't you have enough things in this busy life with out worrying about the heating?

Well Alec 1 I started in this industry 34 years ago as an apprentice with BG and have worked in the industry since but I am glad that you as an expert can advise me how to control my own boiler when you havent a clue about who is at home or the size of my home or the energy efficiency of my home , I already have WC so what do you suggest then phone my neighbour and ask them to pop in and turn the heating on when I am on my way home ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back