boiler web controls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have read up about British Gas's system for controlling heating via a web app and mobile phone app, as well as with a room stat. I am very tempted by this system, as so often we'll change plans last minute and need the heating on when we get back etc, and being in a semi detached house with solid walls, it costs a fortune to run, so this app would help us to save a lot of money.

No chance of insulating the walls as the biggest expanse of wall is on the pavement (corner house).

Is there any other system that has at least the same functionality as the BG system, preferably with a wireless boiler reciever so there's no cables needed to the boiler?

I currently have a Baxi combi, fitted last year with the worst designed timer I've ever seen - you have to cycle through on, off, set program, set time, auto - to operate the system. Awful! I hope Baxi have changed this design.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You will need to have wires between the boiler (if it's a combi) and the receiver.

BG's offering requires a contract with them for the duration.

Heatmiser do their own system.

Salus do as well. But they don't have the best reputation.

The Heatmiser system is pretty good. They do wireless stats, but the reciever will need wiring to the boiler, and the netmonitor will need wiring to your router, though you could get around that with a p2p wireless bridge.

Sponsored Links
http://www.smscentralheating.co.uk/

That will be a cheaper option to install but seems a bit limited

FAQ's said:
Will it work with my time clock?

The SMS unit will work independently of your time clock and will allow you to continue using your time clock for standard operations. So, if the time clock is OFF, the SMS unit can turn the heating ON, however if the time clock is ON, the SMS unit will not switch the heating OFF.

The heatmiser kit will give you full time temperature control remotely.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back