conventional boiler hot water circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just moved into a new house a few moth ago, It has a conventional boiler (on the ground floor) an hot water tank (on the middle floor).
All the other properties I've lived in had combi boiler, so I am just trying to understand how is a conventional boiler instalation different.

The thing which puzzle me is that the hot water tank is on the middle floor and that there are two hot water taps on the top floor. How does the hot water climb up there?
Does anyone know of any website providing a good explanation of such instalation (boiler, hot water tank, tank in the ceiling, etc...)

I have had a look in the forum and arounfd the net but cannot find what I want.

many thanks in advance

Jerome

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your answers,

does this means that the hot whater tank is pressured becasue it is directly linked with a cold water tank in the ceiling?
If so, how does the boiler manages to get hot water into it? it would have to be under a greater pressure???

Anyone knows of a place where i can find a general explanation about conventional boiler instalation? I don't want to keep on asking silly questions.

thanks

Jerome

Sponsored Links
Jerome said:
Thanks for your answers,

does this means that the hot whater tank is pressured becasue it is directly linked with a cold water tank in the ceiling?
If so, how does the boiler manages to get hot water into it? it would have to be under a greater pressure???
It`s not a steam boiler :LOL: in fact it`s a misleading term it`s a heatsource and should not reach the boiling point of water @ any time ;)
]

ChrisRoberts: lol,

but that still doesn't answer my questions

Does anyone know a good webpage explaining the basics of a conventional boiler +hot water cylinder +cold water tank installation, please

J

there are some diagrams on the heating pages of the 'diyfxit' site, for example. the basic idea is it's filled from tanks in the loft. Any tap will let water out if it's below the tank. so the pipe can go down to the cylinder, then back up to the tap and water will come out the tap even though it's above the cylinder. Same way it goes down the sink trap, round the bend, up the other side and out!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back