Conventional Boiler with Cylinder - Wireless Control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just moved in to a new property that has a conventional boiler installed but no thermostat. It has a simple 1 day programmer for heating and hot water.

Is it possible to fit a wireless controller to manage both heating and hot water to this sort of system?

Was looking at something like this:
}http://www.plumbnation.co.uk/site/honeywell-cm927-wireless-7-day-programmable-room-thermostat/

Thanks for your time.

Sponsored Links
That wireless thermostat can be used to control your heating or you could fit a non programmable wireless thermostat as you already have a timer. I think the honeywell one is the DT92E. I assume the cylinder has a thermostat. It will be located on the cylinder about two thirds of the way down.

That wireless thermostat can be used to control your heating or you could fit a non programmable wireless thermostat as you already have a timer. I think the honeywell one is the DT92E. I assume the cylinder has a thermostat. It will be located on the cylinder about two thirds of the way down.

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt response. Not sure if the cylinder has a thermostat. I'll take a look.

If I wanted to use the cm927 to control the heating with 7 day progamming etc . Would I need to remove the existing timer unit?

(Sorry a complete novice and trying to get my head around what required)

On what basis have you just "moved in" ?

Are you an owner or tenant?

Building Regulations require a room thermostat !

Tony

Sponsored Links
On what basis have you just "moved in" ?

Are you an owner or tenant?

Building Regulations require a room thermostat !

Tony

Hi,

I'm the new owner. Currently getting the property cleaned up, painted etc before we move in.
Adding a room thermostat is something if like to do in order to reduce heating costs.

So I've been doing a little reading to trying my best to self educate on this. I think I'm going to replace the existing timer unit (acl Lifestyle LP112) with a Honeywell Wireless programmer (ST9420C) and connect a Wireless thermostat (DT92E).

I'll also be replacing the existing cylinder thermostat with a Wireless cylinder thermostat (CS92A) which also connects to the ST9420C.

I've looked a the existing wiring of the baseplate on the LP112 and it matches the required wiring on the ST9420C.
There is Mid-Position valve in place so looking at the installation instructions for the ST9420C I have a "Y-Plan" system?

I presume I remove the existing cylinder thermostat and wiring from the junction box and replace with the CS92A?

Am I missing anything here or can anyone see any glaring errors with my plan?

Thanks in advance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back