Conversion to a fully pumped system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having recently made a number of improvements to my CH system I am now considering converting it to a fully pumped system with a motorised valve. It is presenty pumped CH, gravity water feed with primatic cylinder. Consequently there are 4 pipes in addition to gas going from the boiler.

Could anyone confirm in point form the steps I need to take so that I can check I haven't missed any out.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
dont do it you cannot pump a primatic cyld flow and return, they were only made for small systems and are designed to self vent on gravity only, you will have to fit a new indrect with a small header tank

You can fit a pump to ch on a primatic but it cannot be made into a fully pumped system, to achieve this a new cylinder and f&e tank will be required.
Had this argument with a sparky who told me i must make it fully pumped to comply with building regs, told him he was a tit and unless customer paid for full upgrade it was only getting a pump on ch side.
H e was supposed to be a good sparky, just a numpty at plumbing .

Sponsored Links
definately would need a new cyl, if you have pumped primaries on a primatic the boiler/rad water will mix with the stored hot water.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back