Convert from patio/leisure-gas to proper screw fitting for orange calor bottles

Sponsored Links

From what I have read in various places, cars and FLT's draw liquid into a separate evaporator, to allow the liquid to boil off into a gas, before they use the gas in the engine. So these tanks have tube which dip down into the liquid. I also read that FLT bottles are marked with an arrow, for the correct orientation for when mounting them on a FLT.

I suspect that when a car or FLT runs low on liquid and the pickup pipe uncovered, they will simply carry on running on the gas remaining, but the power would be way down?

The tube doesn't go into the liquid, it goes up the way, pointing skyward, so that it draws only gas.

Sponsored Links
I have no experience of a Ford Focus running on LPG so, I can't comment on that although, I'd imagine that it has a different system to a fork lift with a cylinder strapped onto the back of it.
The cylinder shown in John's link has a black shoulder, that shows that it is different from a normal propane cylinder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back