Convert outdoor wall light to plug socket

True, but the worst that would happen if someone did plug in high-powered power tools (more than about 1,300W) or a lawnmower is that the 5/6A fuse/breaker protecting the lighting circuit might blow/trip - that's what they're there for.

Kind Regards, John

On a dark night while the other half is handling a kettle full of boiling water you don't want to be plunged into darkness. (Yes, I realise one does not cut the grass at night, but you get the gist).

Sponsored Links
On a dark night while the other half is handling a kettle full of boiling water you don't want to be plunged into darkness. (Yes, I realise one does not cut the grass at night, but you get the gist).
I half-anticipated that, but then thought that even you would probably not suggest that someone would use power tools or lawnmowers in a garden 'on a dark night'!

As I've said so many times before, if people are concerned about the 'being plunged into darkness' issue, they really should install battery-backed-up emergency lighting. I would say that, on average, at least once per month our house is 'plunged into darkness' for a least a few seconds because of the vagaries or rural overhead power supplies. Not only that, but even LEDs and CFLs (albeit much less often than incandescent bulbs) can trip a B6 when they die.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Winston. I assume you have provided individual B6 MCB's for every light fitting in your house.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back