converting 12v halogen to LED

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am in process of converting 12v halogen lights to LED. In my kitchen, I have 5 spot lights, each has its own transformer. Because I need to replace all transformers too, I noticed that one light's transformer has 2 wires input (2 lives and 2 neutral), all others just have 1 wire (1 live 1 neutral) into the transformer.

Any one knows why that one has 2 wires go into the transformer? Does that mean I need to place the transformer with 2 input terminals? Thanks very much

James

Sponsored Links
I noticed that one light's transformer has 2 wires input (2 lives and 2 neutral)
No - it has one cable supplying it, and one then going off to another of the transformers.

Does that mean I need to place the transformer with 2 input terminals?
Not necessarily - as long as you can get two conductors into one terminal that will be fine.

It's probably a good idea to avoid products from makers who are either too stupid or too penny-pinching to make them capable of being daisy-chained.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back