Converting a 'Pole dancing' pole to a bistro table

Sponsored Links
This might help.

My dad once owned a small boat that had a table attached to a pole. You could riase it to any height and lower it at it bcame part of a double bunk. When clamped at the height you wanted it was very secure.

The boat was a Pegasus, made by Pegasus yachts in Oulton Board, East Anglia. Dont know if they are still going but I am sure they bought the fitting in rather tahn custom made it.

If this works can I be invited to the flat warming, it could get rather hot?

Just reading through, and has anyone considered cutting the table in half, hinging one side and some kind of lock/bolt on the other. If the hole in the middle was lined with rubber or other high friction material then it would hold, and the table top could be siply removed completely for it's alternative function!

Sponsored Links
i was thinking that any clamp would eventually mar the surface of the pole and lead to some unfortunate chaffing on performance nights :oops:

i would hate to think that an adventurous err :oops: dream girl/pole polisher (lets be honest here) would become discouraged by such a misadventure :D

camper van shops have a base in which a pole is fitted that looks like what you need. that would work for your table and for the bottom of your, ooh my gawd, pole.
my way requires a separate pole and maybe someone to look after said pole when yer mum comes ;)

im sure you can find someone to take on this chore :oops:

wot a wummun :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back