Converting boiler from LPG to NG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24i system boiler running on LPG installed in my property and considering converting to natural gas, how easy would it be for my installer to convert the boiler for me.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies, it may be easy as you both say so what about the cost implications please? And what is involved in the conversion.

The reason why I am asking, is its gonna cost circa £700 to get NG to my house and don't want to jump the gun in getting my boiler converted.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies, it may be easy as you both say so what about the cost implications please? And what is involved in the conversion.

The reason why I am asking, is its gonna cost circa £700 to get NG to my house and don't want to jump the gun in getting my boiler converted.

You might need a conversion kit, although this may depend on the age of your boiler, WB have had three or four attempts at the 24i System and whilst some of them definitely need a kit I'm not certain that all of them do. Either way, a certain amount of twiddling by a Gas Safe man with a flue gas analyser will be required

Your gas pipe to the boiler may well require upgrading as NG runs at a lower pressure than LPG.

£700 is cheap to have a NG supply run to your house though, I'd get it done regardless of whether you're going to use it immediately or not if I was you

Again thanks for the replies, and yes Muggles it might be an idea to get it done straight away at that price, cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back