LPG conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How easy is it to convert a central heating boiler from natural gas to LPG ?
Is it simply a case of getting a gas fitter to replace the jets with different size ones as with a gas cooker, or am I better junking it and buying an
lpg model?

Sponsored Links
What make andmodel boiler. Often it is a simple procedure for someone with the knowledge. As you say injectors mainly, then adjusting the combustion settings.

It will vary though and some older boilers may not be suitable.

Ive done a few LPG to nat gas but not the way you are doing it?? whats the rare circumstances of that?? (Im a nosy bugger!)

Never tried it but I have never seen the option in a manual for choice of fuel as you do with cookers. Most Worcesters at least have completely different gas valves (or moduregs)

Sponsored Links
It is not quite that straightforward.
Most boilers come fitted out for lpg but Biasi do a kit for £30 and i have done about 10 of these and they are pretty easy to set up the ignition and burner pressures etc.

Why do I have this suspicion that he has bought a second hand boiler and wants to convert it for his caravan or holiday home?

Probably illegal to fit it as its non-condensing! Apart from non LPG CORGI

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back