lpg appliances

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can you buy appliances ready to use on lpg or do they all come with conversion kits? what does converting an appliance from nat gas to lpg entail

Sponsored Links
That depends on the type of appliance. Some are designed for mobile homes etc.

Most hobs come with the conversion bits.

Boilers have a conversion kit available at about £40 im most cases. BUT it seems that very few premix boilers have conversion kits. I would expect they will need different pcbs in come cases and could end up being very expensive to convert. Presumably some models in Europe can be purchased set up for LPG.

Of course only a LPG registered CORGI should do any conversions.

Tony

Vaillant can be converted to lpg with two turns of a screw, but can also be bought prepared in the factory for lpg. As Tony says your installer has to be registered for lpg and he will know to order the correct boiler, or know which jets to use in the cooker/hob.

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
Boilers have a conversion kit available at about £40 im most cases. BUT it seems that very few premix boilers have conversion kits. I would expect they will need different pcbs in come cases
Tony

The Atag boilers can be converted as I've done a few myself. The conversion kit consists of replacement burner plates, new pcb and gas restriction washer. Takes around 20 mins. Kit is around £110 retail. Of course, you also need a FGA. If you keep all the original bits, then it can be easily changed back if the customer ever gets on to N/G

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back