Converting combi to system boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon gent's
i have the chance to buy a 1 year old vaillant combi pro 28 boiler from a mate who has just had his system changed to a megaflow and normal boiler due to an extension and extra bathroom .
My existing boiler is about 14 years old and nothing but trouble with breaking down and i would like to get it changed, it is a potterton suprima 60 ff and i have a hot water cylinder next to it and 7 medium size radiators , i don't want to convert to a combi system as i am very happy with the amount of hot water we get from the tank and it can fill 2 baths at the same time if needed which is great , i realise that i wont get the manufacturer's guarantee but it is only a year old so i am not worried about that and i would just like to know if this can be done without to much modification etc .
It would really be a good deal for me money wise if i can do it

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
It will mean sealing the system but it should be really straightforward for any decent fitter (y)

Thanks for the quick reply Razor , i forgot to mention that it is a sealed system i have with a red tank with a pressure gauge and filling loop fitted above the boiler and i have to top it up every 6 months or so , does this make any difference...? thanks

Yes it will work.
Quite a log of fitters won't have a clue and will tell you that you need a system boiler.
All that required is two zone values and be able to switch the boiler to fire when either tank or central heating is calling for heat that may already be there so just a bit of wiring.
If you have a sealed system already no problem.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your advice guys , i was talking to someone last night who was telling me the same thing that you are saying in that it will work fine with just a slight modification of the pipes and wiring to the control box .
Cheer's for that and i will now go ahead and grab myself a bargain...

Anyone who gives you the correct answer will say the same thing!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back