In need of a combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a potterton suprima boiler that keeps on cutting out (I think like many have said before me). Therefore I would like to get a combi boiler but the choice is difficult as i am a complete novice.

I have had one company that states that my gas supply will be to low (can that be true) if it is still placed in the kitchen, where the old boiler is

What combi boiler would everyone recomend, we just want hot water when required, it is only for 2 people who take alot of showers.

I hope someone can help!!! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
The gas supply can certainly be to low, what they means is the diameter of the existing gas pipe.

I will not go into pipe sizing here as it long winded and, quite frankly, bores the pants off me. But a combi does eat up the gas in hw mode so needs a good sized pipe, Far from pulling your leg you sound like you have a good and thorough firm there!!!!

Dont forget they should be checking out the flow rate a presssure of your mains water supply before you go full steam ahead

As for my recommendation I love the Ideal Isar condensing combi it really packs a punch and costs about 560 plus Mr blairs bit god love him :rolleyes:

That is certainly true, but i wouldn't rule out the boiler you want just because you need to have a section of your gas pipework increased in size

when we had a combi installed (similar situation me & mrs Breezer, lots of showers) the bloke ran in a 22mm gas pipe for the combi

Sponsored Links
Sorry no I did not mean dont go for it I was just pointing out that you can have too small a gas pipe and if this is upgraded and pressure/flow checks ok go for a combi

Sorry If I confused anyone as many i like just confussing meself :LOL:

Thanks for that.

Having just had a company out they have suggested that i have either a baxi or worcester but he favours the baxi due to the afetr care service.

My question is "Is BAXI BEST???"

g

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back