Converting Conservatory to Tiled Roof...Worth It?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a 5m x 4m conservatory, glass roof, glazed across front and down 1 side, the other side is brick.

Not been quoted yet but for something this size im guessing you wont get much change from 7k-8k to convert to a tiled roof with a couple of windows in, so just trying to work out if its worth it.

We will probably be moving in the next 3 to 4 and I dont think its going to automatically stick 8k on the house value is it?

I get the benefits in winter and the big sell is that it keeps heat in and makes the room usable which is the reason i'm considering it, but does it actually offer any benefits in the summer or are you still in a hot box during the day, especially in a south facing garden?

If so, it just comes down to whether im happy to pay 3k-ish a year to use the room for the next 2 or 3 winters

Sponsored Links
If so, it just comes down to whether im happy to pay 3k-ish a year to use the room for the next 2 or 3 winters
good point - I'd leave it , a new owner might want to rip it down and rebuild

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back