Cooker Hood Ducting Roof Outlet Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have to vent our cooker hood through a tile on a pitched roof as the cooker backs on to a wall on the boundary with our neighbour. See pic below - vent will be second row up.

1681303471717.png

The ducting is installed and is 125mm rigid circular totalling about 2.5m. It runs up from the hood into the flat roof to a 90 deg bend, then horizontally for 1.5m, round a 45 deg bend then up 0.5m along inside of pitched garage roof. It's been running like this for a while venting into the garage, but it does get a bit smelly in there when cooking and the condensation is best vented outside I know.

To do this I have to add another 90 deg bend which I'll connect to a roof tile type ventilator.

Thing is, I'm not sure what I need in terms of airflow capacity on the outlet. The neatest solution is this Beddoes roof tile vent (link here) but it only has 10,000 mm2 of throughput.

1681303776374.png

My gut feeling is that I'd be better off with the Glidevale universal tile ventilator (link here) which promises 20,000 mm2 of throughput although it's a much fussier installation.

1681303802936.png

I'm aware that I have 2.5m of straight with 2 x 90 deg bends and a 45 deg bend so I'm at the limits of what I can do.

The cooker hood is a Samsung (link here) delivering around 558 m3/h.

Does anyone have experience of what would work best?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back