cooker switch problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently renovating my kitchen and in the process of this a large amount of dust/dirt managed to get inside my cooker switch. When I threw the swich later in the day the bulb for the cooker switch flashed on and off and the went off, when the bulb went off all power ceased to the cooker. I disconnected the switch and throughly cleaned out and reconnected. Still the light did not come on. The attached plug still works as does its bulb. Do I need a new switch, is the bulb part of the curcuit and now this has blown the switch will not work? Can a replacement bulb be bought? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if not very clear this is my first time.

Sponsored Links
This may sound obvious but have you checked your main fuse board ? It may have just tripped out because your cooker circuit will have it's own fuse.

Cooker runs from circuit breaker on new curcuit board. The power is definitely running through the breaker as the socket part of the 45a CCU is still working. As far as I'm aware the CCU itself does not hold a fuse and therefore this could not have blown. Thanks for reply, but still not working!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for reply have already replaced the switch and it work fine now, just wish I had kept receipt as blown switch was guaranteed for 10 years.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back