Hotpoint cooker hood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,my cooker hood main push in button keeps switching light bulbs on itself. When you switch it on it stays on but when you switch it off light bulbs either dimm and goes back on or lights go off and switch on itself .very strange.what could be causing it.

Sponsored Links
Faulty switch would be the obvious thing to suggest.How old is it ?

Hi.cooker hood is 12 yrs old but all other things are working fine ie fan.

If you can source a replacement switch for a few quid ,then replace it.

Sponsored Links
Maybe post some pics on here ,might prompt some useful advice from other members.

IMG-20210109-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20210109-WA0010.jpg IMG-20210109-WA0011.jpg IMG-20210109-WA0012.jpg IMG-20210109-WA0009.jpg
Maybe post some pics on here ,might prompt some useful advice from other members.
Hi.i have opened the cooker hood light control panel. Cleaned it with electrical cleaning spray.still light switch clicks on ok but does not switch off completely .dims and keeps flickering. .all other 4 switches working fine.i suppose pcb is ok.PCB and switch are 2 parts.i don't know how they are pulled apart.

View attachment 217827 View attachment 217824 View attachment 217825 View attachment 217826 View attachment 217827
Hi.i have opened the cooker hood light control panel. Cleaned it with electrical cleaning spray.still light switch clicks on ok but does not switch off completely .dims and keeps flickering. .all other 4 switches working fine.i suppose pcb is ok.PCB and switch are 2 parts.i don't know how they are pulled apart.
Hi.sorry i am not that good on uploading files.first time tried.as you can see in pics.lights on both pics are looking on while one is in off position. Other pictures of pcb and switch are 2 parts.do not know if pcb side of switch is faulty or outside switch.

Looks to me like the PCB itself is the problem ,(or rather one or more of its component parts are ). Try pricing / sourcing a replacement PCB.

Very expensive though.from £ 120 to £ 140.i might carry on using without lights as long as exhaust fan is working.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back