Hotpoint cooker hood stopped working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hoping some one can help.

I have a hotpoint cooker hood that has stopped working. Although the lights on the hood come on when I press the button, none of the fans do and so it does not extract any air.

I've had the hood for 3 years now from new so strange it would break down so soon.

I have changed the motor to a new one as I thought that would be the problem but it still does not seem to work.

I don't think it's the button control panel as the light switch on the control panel turns the light on and off

Any advice on what else it could be?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Sorry, should have said its a hotpoint HDF92X model

Have you tried it again, my hood will stop if it gets too hot , fan returns once it's had time to cool down.

Sponsored Links
Do you have a multimeter & are you competent to use it. It could be the motor capacitor which you could test by checking for the same volts on both terminals with respect to earth. But you need to be VERY careful working on live equipment.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back