Cooker wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
People,

As part of my kitchen installation, my electrician has advised that the cable that connects the cooker to the cooker isolation plate (not the cooker switch) should be heat resistant flex.

I intend installing a 32A oven. The cable from the CU to the Cooker switch and the cable from the cooker switch to the cooker isolation plate is 6mm.

I have been unable to source a small length of 6mm heat resistant flex. As a possible solution, would most electricians be in agreement with fitting 4mm heat resistant flex (which I have sourced) but with a note attached stating that if the cooker was to increase in power capacity, the cable would need upgrading in size?

Kind Regards

Paul

Sponsored Links
can anyone else help him?

its cold out there and my regs book is in the van :eek:

Is this a stand alone cooker, and what is its capacity in kWs?

Guys,

It's a 7.2KW double oven, built in tower - not yet purchased

Cheers

Paul

Sponsored Links
Usually with a cooker that size one only need to use about 2M of 6mm²
T & E.
Flex is generally used on smaller ovens using say 1mm², then its heat resistant.

The dreaded B&Q will sell you heat-resistant flex to suit. Screwfix supply too but you'll incur postage charges.
If you have a reasonably friendly wholesaler handy I'm sure they'll help you out.
The installation instructions supplied with the oven should specify the type of H05 cable to be used.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back