cool radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a sealed system with a baxi 105e-----upstairs rads are fine (3off) but downstairs (4) are only slightly warm, so i am thinking of a blockage somewhere, i have just added ferox400, so will leave it for a few days.
has anyone experienced this problem

Rob

Sponsored Links
Take it you bled the system and re-pressurised it, and/or balanced it as a matter of course first anyway?

yes tried to balance all the rads-----i shut off the upstairs rads, and the lower ones did get hotter, but not a lot, i am going to leave the ferox in for a few days, then drain the system, check the TRV'S ---the trv's on the hall rads are very hot, the valve on the big rad in the lounge is cool, so maybe that valave there is needing replaced?

Sponsored Links
if you think any rad valves are duff remove the trv heads & press on the pin inside with a flat screwdriver , pin should move up & down freely if its seized it wont,Also check your pump how to do that is in the FAQ

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back