Cooper Menvier 9750/9850 Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

Sorry to trouble you but I’m hoping you may be able to help. I have already done a search on the forum and have found some interesting details but no specifics on my issue.

I have recently moved house and hence inherited a Cooper-Menvier Scantronic alarm system. We are about to do some renovation work and I would like to totally remove the panic alarm button that is right next to the bed, and its associated wiring into the control box.

The alarm is a Cooper-Menvier Scantronic. The user guide front cover has 9750 and 9850 on it. The back cover indicates the panic button is wired into Zone 7, there is also a fire alarm wired into Zone 8, there are no more zones indicated. The keypad is a 9930 model.

I don't have the engineer access code but having read the installation guide I feel quite happy to do a 1st stage reset procedure.

It would be very much appreciated if someone could detail the steps required to accomplish this.

Thank you from a newbie and hope I have done everything right and look forward to your replies/guidance.

Malcolm

Sponsored Links
Thank you Sparkymarka for your response. I have read the installation manual several times and all I can see is detail for how to wire in the 4 wire closed circuit connections on page 17, I don’t see anything regarding removing such connections but would the following steps be correct ? If not could you amend please:

Set zone 7 as NU from the Keypad
Power off the control unit
Remove the front cover, silence any alarm
Remove the battery
Disconnect the wiring for zone 7
Refit the battery
Refit the front cover
Power on the control unit
Silence any alarm
System reset

Thank you.

Either ...open lid turn off with code ... remove panic button wiring , replace with a link ...put lid on , reset with code ...
NOW ...if it's been set for engineer reset , open lid , do a stage one reset , make zone 7 not used remove wires , reset codes box up and test ...

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the clarification Sparkymarka, will try it out this weekend.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back