Copper guttering ?

Reaction score
Country
France
Is this much used in the UK ?

I ask out of mild curiosity as I had my house in the French Alps fitted with copper instead of the cheaper galvanised steel which tends to rust and leak in 10 - 15 years , as . being 55 now I had no desire to either pay loads or risk my (remaining) years at age 70 or so to repair the other.

Any other comments welcomed

thank you

Sponsored Links
I supply and fit copper guttering and have never had a problem with it being stolen however zinc tends to be more popular due to initial cost.
The way it's installed means it's not easily removed so although this is a common worry from customers I've never heard of any actually being stolen.

We've been doing copper gutters and zinc gutters in America since 2008 and get very few call backs about replacing stolen gutter pieces. Those who can afford the gutters tend to have adequate home security to protect them.

www.ornametals.com

Sponsored Links
Agree that in the UK they wouldn't last five minutes.

In the Bay Area USA, districts such as Hillsborough, Palo Alto or Silverado ( a gated "community") ie. expensive houses, often have copper rainwater goods, and lots of private security.

Plastic is actually best for the environment in this case as opposed to CI or other metals.

Just saying, i think that its "totters" not "tatters".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back