Copper pipe protection and dot and dab plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the process of replacing a radiator and wondered what the best method of sleeving, protecting, covering the pipework that I have channelled out of the plasterboard.

Currently when the heating comes on all the downstairs rad pipework from the ceiling level does this constant clicking noise. I've had the floorboards up but what I think it is; is where the pipework passes from the joist down the wall it has been dot and dab plasterboarded and the adhesive must be grabbing it tight and not allowing it to expand....therefore getting this clicking noise as the pipe expands and contracts.

Therefore while moving the rad I want to sort the problem out. It's he microbore pipework to the rads. Should I sleeve it with the speedfit conduit that is avaliable or drop down in plastic oval conduit or put insulation around the pipe then skim over?

Help / advice would be great.

Cheers
Ant

Sponsored Links
Any sleeving that protects the copper from the plaster etc will work. But remember where it is or protect it from drilling a hole in it. hanging anything on the wall, picture etc. I have use steel trunking before now to protect copper pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back