copper pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
is it ok to run copper pipe by cutting a channel in wall then plastering over it?

Sponsored Links
ahh, no! please i'm paying someone to redoo all my plastic plumbing in copper. i hate plastic. How best to get the pipe from one side of room to other if i have no stud walls? And cant go under floor as it is concrete

if it is a gas pipe it should have a steel sheild around it, just so you can blunt your drill bit as you go through the gas pipe!

Sponsored Links
ahh, no! please i'm paying someone to redoo all my plastic plumbing in copper. i hate plastic.

Oh there is a god, :D customers are not allways wrong.
Cant beat a well soldered copper pipe, sod the bulcky diy plastic joints.

but what is the best way to get the pipe in my extension, ground floor from one side to other without having visible pipe?

ok you use copper

you have to wrap it or use coated

you have to allow for expansion

as i said it has its place

and thats all its got going for it ;)

but what is the best way to get the pipe in my extension, ground floor from one side to other without having visible pipe?

Cut duct in floor and lay pipes in. Thats the correct way, as long as you allow for future access

If i describe what i'm after.
Pipes coming from 1st floor of old house. Heating flow return and hot/cold water supply.
I need to get rads to 1st floor extension, straight forward. But how do i get rad pipes downstairs and hot cold supply so its not visible on walls. These pipes then need to cross the floor to a shower room.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back