copper > polyplumb for CH - thoughts on connectors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening. Later this week I'm planning on putting an extra radiator in upstairs (SWMBO has a large closett / wardrobe that gets too cold and gets condensation in it in winter - soulution seems to be to put a small rad in there).

I'm going to cut into the upstairs piping and because of a desire not to have to lift up multiple floorboards (to keep SWMBO happy) plus the convoluted route I need to run the piping, I'm going to run the piping in polyplumb. Generally I distrust doing anything mains pressured in speedfit / pushfit, and prefer to use compressions or nice soldered plus the joints, but once I've Tee'd off from the existing piping and seeing as it's not mains pressured, am I making work for myself in using compression fittings? End of the day it's easier to use push-fit with it, but was wondering what the views of the board were on using push-fits for CH

*awaits heaping of scorn upon my head*

Cheers

Sponsored Links
There's not a problem just choose which type of push fit you want, I use Hep2o because its a bit more flexible than speedfit, but there all ok,

I dont like plastic pipe or pushfits ( except Tectite ).

But I accept there are a few situations where the bendy advantages mean that I need to choose it.

I would NEVER use plastic or pushfit just because its quicker!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back