polyplumb and compression fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.

I want to do a cold water run in 15mm polyplumb pipe, but am worried about the pushfit fittings coming apart. I intended to use copper compression fittings with copper olives. Anyone have any experience in this area?

cheers

Sponsored Links
They will come apart if thats all you are going to use!

Just make sure you use the correct pipe inserts, and don't overtighten the compression joints.

Finally, don't use PTFE tape.

sorry agile. I will use the inserts too.

I should have said - obviously

Sponsored Links
As long as the plastic fittings and pipe are assembled correctly, using inserts where necessary, and the pipework isn't under any strain, e.g. no tight bends after exiting a fitting, then it should all be fine. :)

As long as the plastic fittings and pipe are assembled correctly, using inserts where necessary, and the pipework isn't under any strain, then it should all be fine.

When is it not necessary to use inserts?

Just out of interest Agile, now you know i intend to use inserts (I assumed it would be taken as read that they must be used, but I accept that unless I say explicitly then you cant be sure) - do you have an opinion of the use of compression fittings on polyplumb? You questioned the completness of my explanation, but offered nothing more.

you obviously know what you are talking about - I would be interested to know your opinion.

Sorry for the delayed response Agile, I don't live on this site :)

If the OP uses plastic fittings with copper pipe, then he doesn't need to use inserts. If he uses all plastic, then he does. Happy? :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back