Copper push fit fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have got to move some bathroom pipes around, and assumed I would have to use the solder ring fittings, but saw some push fittings, and as I haven't done this before, thought it was the easiest way of getting the job done. Are they any good?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Make sure you use a pipe slice to cut the pipe or if you use a hacksaw file the ends smooth or it will snag the rubber & it will leak.
Make sure you push the pipe past the rubber, there are 2 points of resistance, the first when the pipe meets the rubber & the second when you've made the seal if you don't do this it will leak.
try to keep the pipes straight & in line, if you try to use the play in the fitting to bend the pipe it will leak.
Oh, did I mention these fittings have a tendency to leak. :LOL:

Cheers dude... I get the idea, not 100% perfect I guess, thanks for the advice though, I only have 4 pipes to do though but think I may solder them, never done it before but it seems straight forward enough, provided I don't burn the house down..lol

make sure you buy a special remover tool to get these fittings off to avoid damage to fitting if you have to remove

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back